Since the dawn of Social Media and Smartphones, healthy food fanatics from all over the globe have increasingly been sharing mouth-watering pictures of their dishes for the world to see.
Whilst this latest craze may have taken social media by storm, many herbs, spices and ingredients used in Indian cooking have always been beneficial to the health of those eating them. At Rasoi we continue to use a lot of these ingredients in our authentic Indian dishes.
Here are our Top Six Spices with Health Benefits
- Fenugreek can lower blood sugar levels and is rich in iron and calcium. We use Fenugreek seeds in our Achari Murgh Tikka and our Methi Chicken
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties, can treat nausea and is found in many of our dishes, including our Keema Matter and Meetha Jhinga
- Cardamom is similar to ginger in how it helps the body to combat issues such as digestion, nausea and even heartburn. It helps the body eliminate waste through the kidneys. One of the dishes we use it with is our Grilled Lamb and also in our Mushroom Shorba
- Coriander is rich in Vitamin C and protein as well as having anti-oxidants, this is also used in many of our dishes, including our Scallops Royale and our Goan Fish Curry
- Cumin has many digestive benefits and provides the body with essential minerals like phosphorus and potassium, it can be found in several of our dishes including our Crispy Duck
- Curry – we know what you’re thinking, the dish we know as ‘curry’ actually gets its name from the spice, which has anti inflammatory benefits and alleged anti-cancer properties. Curry powder is a mixture of many different spices, most of which have their own individual benefits so in this case the whole is often greater than the sum of its parts. As you may have already guessed we use this – a lot!
Although we’ve picked out six of our favourites, we use countless numbers of different herbs and spices at Rasoi. Each and every one of them plays an important role in helping to make our dishes taste as amazing as they do.
So not only does the food taste great, it can also be quite good for you.. what are you waiting for?
Click here to book a table for Rasoi Indian Kitchen or call us on 01792 882409
Click here to book a table for Rasoi Waterfront or call us on 01792 462350
*Some dishes vary between Rasoi Indian Kitchen and Rasoi Waterfront, please see full menus for details